Edwin A. Abrahamsen Jr.
Personal Injury Attorney
- Phone: 570-348-0200
- Email: email@example.com
Click to request a free legal consultation.
Edwin A. Abrahamsen Jr.
Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate with over 18 years experience.
Edwin A. (Chip) Abrahamsen, Jr. has represented hundreds of clients who have sustained injury in many personal injury matters, from truck accidents to car accidents to slip and fall accidents to injuries at work, and has procured successful resolutions for his clients in all these areas of the law for the past 18 years. He has obtained a six-figure jury verdict in a very conservative county for a woman who almost died as a result of toxic mold exposure. Additionally, he secured a large six-figure settlement for the family of a young man beaten to death in a parking lot of a hotel. Recently, he resolved a large six-figure settlement on a complex insurance car accident matter.
Professional Certifications and Recognition
Certified Member Multi Million and Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Pennsylvania Rising Star – recognized by Law & Politics and Philadelphia Magazine as one of the top 2.5% of lawyers statewide under the age of 40 (2019 -2020)
Certificate in Dispute Resolution and Advocacy
Chip has been practicing for over 18 years, fighting every day to make sure that his clients are given the protection and the attention that they deserve, whether they have been hurt at work, injured by a negligent truck driver, or harmed by the negligence of a landowner. Through his practice, Chip has traveled across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and practiced in many courts in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He has helped clients through various personal injury and Workers’ Compensation matters, and continues to work hard representing clients who have been injured in truck accidents, accidents with gas and water trucks, slip and fall accidents, catastrophic work accidents and many other personal injury matters. He also assists clients in obtaining Social Security Disability benefits.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2004
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Boston College, B.A., 2001
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pike County Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Lackawanna County Young Lawyers Division
- BNI – Endless Mountains Chapter
- President, Lackawanna County Young Lawyers Division
- Vice President, BNI – Endless Mountains Chapter
- Vice-President, Lackawanna County Young Lawyers Division (2011 and 2012)
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
2013 – Interplay between Workers’ Compensation and Auto Accidents & Recovery, Pike County Bar Association
2013 – Young Lawyers Induction Ceremony, Lackawanna Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
2013 – Bridge the Gap, Lackawanna Bar Association
2013 – Civil Law Update, Bench Bar Conference
2012 – Bridge the Gap, Lackawanna Bar Association
Civil Law Update, Lackawanna County Annual Bench Bar, 2012
- Board Member – Lackawanna Bar Association
- President, Board of Directors – Friends of the Poor, Scranton
- Board Member – The Bread Basket of Lackawanna County
- Board of Advisors – Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Lackawanna County
- Big Brother Volunteer
|Award Name||Granting Organization||Date|
|Attorney Peggy Gavin Award||Lackawanna Bar Association||2015|
|Million Dollar Advocate||Million Dollar Advocates Forum||2014|
|Equal Access to Justice Award||Lackawanna Bar Association||2006-2020|
|Million Dollar Advocate||Million Dollar Advocates Forum||2010-2013|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2013|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2012|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2011|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2010|
|Million Dollar Advocate||Million Dollar Advocates Forum||2010|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2009|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2007|
|Pro Bono Award||Pennsylvania Bar Association||2006|